LF AI & Data Foundation, the organization building an ecosystem to sustain open source innovation in artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), deep learning (DL), and Data open source projects, today is announcing SOAJS as its latest Incubation Project.
SOAJS is an open source microservices and API management platform. SOAJS simplifies and accelerates the adoption of multi-tenant microservices architecture by eliminating proliferation pain. The SOAJS platform empowers organizations to create and operate a microservices architecture capable of supporting any framework while providing API productization, multi-tenancy, multi-layer security, cataloging, awareness, and adaptable to existing source code; to automatically catalog and release software components with multi-tenant, multi-version and multi-platform capabilities. SOAJS integrates and orchestrates multiple infrastructures and technologies in a simplistic and secured approach while accelerating the release cycle with custom continuous integration & a smart continuous delivery pipeline. The SOAJS platform is capable of creating and managing custom environments per product, per department, per team, per resource, and per technology in a simplistic approach empowering every member of the organization.
SOAJS was released and open sourced by Herron Tech.
Dr. Ibrahim Haddad, Executive Director of LF AI & Data, said: “We are happy to welcome SOAJS to LF AI & Data and help it thrive in a neutral, vendor-free environment under an open governance model. With SOAJS, we’re able now to offer a Foundation project that offers a complete enterprise open source microservice management platform and already has ongoing collaborations with existing LF AI & Data projects such as Acumos. We look forward to tighter collaboration between SOAJS and all other projects to drive innovation in data, analytics, and AI open source technologies.”
API Aware Pipeline can be a key contribution to LF AI ML Workflow and Interop Committee
DevOps automation is limited to infrastructure deployment and source code release addresses only a fraction of the challenges of managing the development, deployment, and operation of large numbers of APIs and Microservices in today’s complex environments. For teams to achieve the agility promised by modern application development, they need DevOps automation that is API and Microservice aware.
SOAJS delivers API-Aware DevOps, with rich API- and Microservice-optimized automation capabilities that enable high-performance, agile execution.
The SOAJS API-Aware pipeline can be a key contribution to LF AI’s ML Workflow and Interop Committee by helping multiple projects close the loop and take advantage of its Multi Environment Marketplace, Automated Cataloging, Smart Deployment, Multi Tenant Authentication/Authorization Gateway, and Middleware to standardize, release, deploy and operate ML models the way Acumos is using it today.
Antoine Hage, co-creator of SOAJS and co-founder of Herron Tech, the sponsor of SOAJS, said: “We are thrilled to join the LF AI & Data community and look forward to growing SOAJS while helping other projects solve the interoperability challenges.”
SOAJS is the only end-to-end microservices management platform to help transform and achieve durable agility by taking advantage of our complete and adaptable solution. No other competitor has our unique features and capabilities.
Key features of the SOAJS platform include:
- API Management and Marketplace
- API Builder: passthrough and smart endpoint
- API Framework: build microservice tenfold faster
- Heterogeneous Catalog with source code integration and adaptation
- Complete pipelines management for APIs and resources
- API: service, microservices, passthrough, smart endpoint
- Daemons: cron jobs, interval, parallel
- Resource: clusters, bridge to existing, binary
- Front end: nginx, Multi domain, Automated SSL
- Custom: custom applications, custom packages, monolithic
- Recipe: deploy recipe, standardization
- Easily adapt to existing APIs & legacy systems
- Multi Environment Orchestration and Deployment
- Cloud orchestration & distributed architecture
- Smart multi environment deploy with ledger, rollback and multi version support
- Deploy from any source code and binary
- Infra as Code native & 3rd party support
- Container & VM orchestration
- Import/export/clone environments
- Custom CI/CD with Smart Release
- Support multi continuous integration server
- Support multi GIT server
- Multi Tenant Authentication and Authorization Gateway
- API productization and packaging
- Multi environment and multi version support
- Automatic awareness and mesh among microservices
- Multi tenant authentication and authorization with roaming
- Registry and resource configuration and management
- API monitoring and performance measurement
- CLI and Single Pane of Glass Management Console
- Full monitoring, high availability, analytic and control
- Correlation between resources and traffic analytic vs errors in logs
- User management with federation and access control
- Notification with trackability ledger
LF AI & Data supports projects via a wide range of services, and the first step is joining as an Incubation Project. LF AI & Data will support the neutral open governance for SOAJS to help foster the growth of the project. Check out the Get Started Guide and Demos to start working with SOAJS today. Learn more about SOAJS on their website and be sure to join the SOAJS-Announce and SOAJS-Technical-Discuss mail lists to join the community and stay connected on the latest updates.
A warm welcome to SOAJS! We look forward to the project’s continued growth and success as part of the LF AI & Data Foundation. To learn about how to host an open source project with us, visit the LF AI & Data website.
SOAJS Key Links
LF AI & Data Resources