LF AI & Data Foundation—the organization building an ecosystem to sustain open source innovation in artificial intelligence (AI) and data open source projects, today is announcing Feathr as its latest Sandbox Project.
“We’re excited to welcome Feathr to LF AI & Data and for it to be part of our technical project portfolio (41 projects and growing) with over 17K developers,” said Dr. Ibrahim Haddad, General Manager of LF AI & Data. “We aim to support Feathr to expand its user base, grow its community of developers, become a leader within its own category, and enable collaboration and integration opportunities with other projects. We look forward to the project’s continued growth and success as part of LF AI & Data.”
“We are very excited for this next chapter of Feathr as it joins the LF AI & Data ecosystem,” said Raghu Hiremagalur, CTO, LinkedIn. “We look forward to seeing Feathr’s continued growth and contribution to the ML infrastructure space.”
“Feathr joining LF AI & Data ecosystem is an important milestone,” said Lindsey Allen, General Manager, Microsoft. “We are very excited to partner with our colleagues from the LinkedIn team, and look forward to making DataOps and MLOps easier for the ML/AI community by having Feathr join LF AI & Data”.
Released by LinkedIn in 2017 and open sourced by the company in partnership with Microsoft in 2022, Feathr is an enterprise-grade, high-performance feature store that automatically computes your feature values and joins them to create your training database, it uses point-in-time-correct semantics to avoid data leakage, and supports materializing and deploying your feature values for faster online serving in production. More specifically, Feathr helps:
- Define features once and use them in different scenarios, like model training and model serving
- Create training dataset with point-in-time correct semantics
- Connect to various offline data sources(data lakes, and data warehouses), and then transform source data into features
- Deliver feature data from offline system to online store for faster online serving
- Discover features or share features among colleagues or teams with ease.
LF AI & Data supports projects via a wide range of services, and the first step is joining as a Sandbox Project. Learn more about Feathr on their GitHub and join the Feathr-Announce Mailing List and Feathr-Technical-Discuss Mailing List.
A warm welcome to Feathr! We are excited to add this project to our portfolio and look forward to its future success in our community and beyond. To learn about how to host an open source project with us, visit the LF AI & Data website.
Feathr Key Links
- Mail Lists:
LF AI & Data Resources
- Learn about membership opportunities
- Explore the interactive landscape
- Check out our technical projects
- Join us at upcoming events
- Read the latest announcements on the blog
- Subscribe to the mailing lists
- Follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn
- Access other resources on LF AI & Data’s GitHub or Wiki